Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM - Cancel / Discard Ticket

nexusrouter
Level 1
Level 1

Greeting all

I can't find a method to Delete/Cancel or Retract tickets 'ready to deploy' within CSM

I can purge the tickets through the Security Manager Administration, however this is a drastic measure as this procedure, purges all tickets for all users within the CSM. (Absolute last resort)

Tickets that is already submitted, is there a way to place these back into a open/edit status so I can discard them or just cancel the deployment all together?

Many thank

2 Replies 2

manabans
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSM has the option to Discard the ticket. To discard a single ticket, do one of the following:
1. Open a ticket, then click the Discard button on the tickets toolbar or select Tickets > Discard Ticket.
2. Select Manage > Tickets. From the Ticket Manager window, select a ticket, then click Discard. Only a ticket in the Edit or Edit Open state can be discarded.

Discard Ticket - Discards the selected ticket. The ticket is discarded and later purged from the system after it exceeds the age for keeping tickets as set under Tools > Security Manager Administration > Ticket Management. The ticket state is shown as discarded until the ticket is actually purged from the system.

Refer to Table 3: Tickets Tool Bar Buttons and Commands When Ticket Management Is Enabled in Non-Workflow Mode,
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/security_management/cisco_security_manager/security_manager/422/user/csm-user-guide-422/chapter4-managing-activities.html 

Thank you for your reply.

It is most welcomed!

This unfortunately is not the case with tickets that have been accidently submitted or ready for deployment.
I'm asking if their is a methodology in retracting / discarding the ticket (That's already been submitted).

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card