Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE Trunk configuration - Cisco IOS Type 7 Password Detected

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I've migrated usernames to password type level 9.

However, type 7 password are still being detected this time in trunk configuration:

voice class tenant 3000

credentials number username xyz password 7 abc realm test.de

authentication username xys password 7 abc realm test.de

How do I migrate them to type 9?

key config-key password-encrypt super-secret-password was already run

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4

I was informed by TAC that there is no option to set level 9 password under tenant configuration.

Development team was contacted to verify if there are any plans for introducing it. Thank you

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- If when using command options prompting with ? when staging the command, the 9 option is not listed then it is currently not supported on the platform you are using  (may depend on software version or could be added in later software versions) : e.g:
                  credentials number username xyz password  ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I am running Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 17.06.03a - suggested release 

Do you know where I can check the version which supports type 9 password for trunk configuration?

Thanks

- The only thing you can do is watch for newer releases and check new features from Release Notes (e.g.) , if there are urgent business requirements then contact TAC

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4

I was informed by TAC that there is no option to set level 9 password under tenant configuration.

Development team was contacted to verify if there are any plans for introducing it. Thank you

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card