cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCPD issue with Firepower 7.0.1-7.1.0

babiojd01
Level 1
Level 1

So i have been deploying cisco FDM managed firewalls. I noticed an interesting bug with DHCP and 7.x code. If install a config via a backup, configure via API and upload a config, or deploy a template to a 7.x code using CDO to the  firewall it botches DHCP. Clients will run through the entire scope and request every IP address. Its a constant DHCP Decline via wireshark. Has any else seen this? I can duplicate it and have. If i stick with 6.6 code it seems to work.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

personally, i will not use FW as DHCP Server, but sometimes requirements may change.

Since this is new code, there may be bugs around worth looking at below release notes :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/70/relnotes/firepower-release-notes-700/bugs.html

if this is a major issue worth contacting Cisco TAC.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

It ended up being something with NAT. Without the destination interface specified in the nat it cause a major DHCP malfunction.

It gets better, if i put a static ip from the same subnet it tells me another device has that IP. Something is really messed up. I have one device plugged into the firewall port.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: