Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

disable sfhassd process

Hi everybody,

does somebody know how I can disable the sfhassd process. If I do it with "pmtool DisableByID sfhassd", it is after reboot running again.

Thanks and BR,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Uwe Siegrist
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue on a new 1150. I reverted temporarily to Snort2 and switched back to Snort3. After that sfhassd stayed disabled and the message was gone. Perhaps you can try this if an interruption is acceptable.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's not supported for end users to permanently disable services with the pmtool command. There are startup and watchdog scripts that ensure these necessary underlying services are in the proper state to support the operations of the server they support.

If you are having a problem with a particular process, it's generally recommended to open a TAC case to troubleshoot the root cause.

Hello Marvin,

thanks for your reply. The root case is the bug https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwi30306. The WA is to disable the sfhassd. Disabling of the process with pmtool resolves the issue, but after ftd reboot the process is running again and the issue comes back. Maybe you are right and I will better open the TAC Case.

Thanks and BR

Uwe Siegrist
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue on a new 1150. I reverted temporarily to Snort2 and switched back to Snort3. After that sfhassd stayed disabled and the message was gone. Perhaps you can try this if an interruption is acceptable.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card