cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does anybody know firepower 2110 support hardware bypass?

zhujiang
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco documents says that FP2100 series support hardware bypass, but it seem they're only some modules of FP2130/2140 supports hardware bypass, FP2110 doesn't support hardware bypass. Is that true?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you asking about the Fail-to-Wire (FTW) feature that allows the unit to continue passing traffic in the event of power failure or other such normally service-affecting issues?

If so, then - yes, that is only available on the Firepower 2130 or higher models. This is because the FTW hardware is a separate network module that goes into the expansion slot that's only available on the higher end models. It's pretty pricey - US$9,995 list price. For comparison the base Firepower 2130 hardware is US$29,995.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you asking about the Fail-to-Wire (FTW) feature that allows the unit to continue passing traffic in the event of power failure or other such normally service-affecting issues?

If so, then - yes, that is only available on the Firepower 2130 or higher models. This is because the FTW hardware is a separate network module that goes into the expansion slot that's only available on the higher end models. It's pretty pricey - US$9,995 list price. For comparison the base Firepower 2130 hardware is US$29,995.

Yes, that's my question. Thank you Marvin!

We have a 2130, but for some reason, it's not doing hardware bypass, and I don't see any option for hardware bypass on the interface or inline set config. Is it possible that my 2130 did not come with hardware bypass capable network modules? How do I check? Thanks.

As I mentioned back in 2019 in this thread, "FTW hardware is a separate network module that goes into the expansion slot that's only available on the higher end models. It's pretty pricey - US$9,995 list price. For comparison the base Firepower 2130 hardware is US$29,995."

A base Firepower appliance (any model) cannot do FTW without one of those specific modules.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card