Views
Helpful
Replies

Disabling telnet on ASA5505

somashekhar G
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Could you please help on disabling telnet feature on CISCO ASA5505 router which is running on ASA software/firmware 8.2. 
I mean I would like to disable telnet completely on the router. 

Thanks...

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

its simple. just dont enable telnet. dont use any commands like 'telnet x.x.x.x x.x.x.x' to enable it. if any commands like that ready available in configuration, remove them (make sure you have access via SSH or console)

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

View solution in original post

Make sure you do not see telnet x.y.z inside on your configuration. I don't want anyone to configure telnet on ASA then review the users configured and associated previleges.

telnet x.x.x.x x.x.x.x <<- if you not enter this command in ASA then the ASA will never listen to telnet port 23 and hence the you can not telnet to ASA

4 Replies 4

its simple. just dont enable telnet. dont use any commands like 'telnet x.x.x.x x.x.x.x' to enable it. if any commands like that ready available in configuration, remove them (make sure you have access via SSH or console)

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Thank you for quick response. 

My aim is to stop executing 'telnet x.x.x.x x.x.x.x' command via console or SSH. I don't want to allow anyone to connect to router using telnet. That is, I don't want anyone to configure telnet on router. I hope there is some way to disable telnet feature.  

Thanks...

Make sure you do not see telnet x.y.z inside on your configuration. I don't want anyone to configure telnet on ASA then review the users configured and associated previleges.

telnet x.x.x.x x.x.x.x <<- if you not enter this command in ASA then the ASA will never listen to telnet port 23 and hence the you can not telnet to ASA

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card