cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

downloading and updating security patches network switches, routers, and firewalls

dallen00111111
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if there is posted somewhere a document to detail the easiest (most effiecient and/or foolproof) way to make certain that a device or devices have the latest security patches applied to them? Also if they end up not having them all applied, I'd like a way to make certain that I get them applied - either one at a time or a group of patches together?

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance,

Douglas Allen

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The free Cisco Active Advisor tool will tell you if any of your Cisco devices have open PSIRT advisories relevant to their running software version.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/cloud-systems-management/active-advisor/index.html

There are other more comprehensive products available as well with varying capabilities and costs.

Apart from your software version, it's more common that security issues arise from configuration issues and network design shortcomings. There's no substitute for a good review and assessment to address those.

Thanks for the link and the advice.  I'm looking at the configurations as well as OS revisions and other patches.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: