cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error contacting Host through VPN

it
Level 1
Level 1

I would swear this worked at one point. I have a corporate office, and I have IPSec tunnels out to my outside offices. The corporate office has an ASA5510, and most of the remote offices are running off of Pix506s, one office has an ASA5505.

When anyone connects through WebVPN, using AnyConnect or not, they can contact any of the cifs shares for servers inside the corporate office. They cannot, however, contact cifs shares on servers that are in the remote offices.

4 Replies 4

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

Try these bugs...

CSCsl94183

CSCsk29306

Reloading the ASA doesn't fix the issue. I also am able to access other servers (ones in the same subnet as my ASA), but not machines that are on my network but located at the other end of an IPSec tunnel.

Hello,

I have had success in configuring something similar before, admittedly only WEBVPN . The issue I had was the source IP for your traffic attempting to traverse the IPSEC tunnel to access the cifs share is that of the public interface of the ASA. If you include that IP address as part of your encryption it should work. ie add another access-list line to encrypt traffic with a source of your public ip to the private LAN at the other end of the tunnel and the reverse on the remote ASA.

I hope this helps

Regards

Chris

cratcliffe@absnet.co.uk

Hi Chris,

I have the same issue, "error contacting host" via WebVPN. my ASA 5520 have version 8.0.4 which I think is resolved in this version (the bug).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/release/notes/arn804n.html

But still not working on our end.

Can you pls. help me on how did you have it work via webVPN?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: