cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error getting version of Sensor from Ciscoworks

kevin.calk
Level 1
Level 1

When I try to load anything to a sensor from Ciscoworks, I get the following message:

Error importing configuration files from the sensor -Can not get the type of sensor. Remote process exit code unavailable

I've tried to delete and add back the sensor and Ciscoworks is unable to query or get the settings from the box.

3 Replies 3

mark.campbell
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem, have you recently upgraded VMS. I'm trying to find something commom. We recently had to rebuild our VMS server and software, which went smoothly until I try to upgrade the signatures on the sensor. Upgradew were fine until the server crashed.

Thanks

akhan2004
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Both of you are right... First check your all CSCe workaround Problems in CWVMS server. And Check the IDS MC version number.

Then goto cisco download center and downloads PERL batch script files for CWVMS ... check the version first of CWVMS, according to the version, download proper file and then stop CWVMS Daemon services and then execute Perl files... extension of file should .pl after that it will extract and overrite updated files... I hope it will resolve your problems.

This can be a problem with SSH(use putty on VMS server) make sure you can SSH in the sensor from the VMS server, and launch the IDSM sensor GUI from the VMS server if not that might be the problem. I was getting the same error and when I resolved the SSH problem I was able to import and export from the sensor.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card