cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exporting syslogs from the FMC

zstamm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am trying to export the syslog from the FMC to a text file or a CSV so that we can parse them with an external tool.  We have found going through them with the web interface to be incredibly cumbersome, and also it appears that they age out and move as you go from page to page.  I am aware that there is an option to push these logs to a syslog server, but that is not an option in this environment.  If there is a path that we can get to them through the CLI, that would also be useful.  Is there any option for this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not possible in any practical sense via the cli as the syslog messages are stored in database tables.

There are a number of message log files in the file system; but those are not the same as the FMC syslog messages.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

not that i am aware that is possible, instead you can configure syslog config to exports logs to syslog.(since you already know that)

get in to root mode CLI look at the folders (i never did but - if the logs stored in DB i dont know)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not possible in any practical sense via the cli as the syslog messages are stored in database tables.

There are a number of message log files in the file system; but those are not the same as the FMC syslog messages.

Thank you for explaining that.  Do you know if there is a design reason why there is not a function to export the logs?  That seems like a useful feature that would be easy to implement.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card