cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower 1010 running FTD not shutdown properly and won't startup

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

We have a standalone Firepower 1010 that is running FTD code and lost power and now won't startup successfully.  I can ping the mgmt ip and ssh to it and it will allow me access but I get the following output:

ast failed login: Fri Aug 11 17:38:11 UTC 2023 from 172.28.250.80 on ssh:notty
There were 2 failed login attempts since the last successful login.
Last login: Fri Aug 11 17:38:17 2023 from 172.28.250.80
/etc/sudoers.d/ftdoers:97:27: too many levels of includes
@includedir /etc/sudoers.d
                          ^
/isan/bin/get_my_user_info.sh: line 15: /usr/bin/curl: Too many levels of symbolic links
System is coming up... Please wait...
                          ^
/isan/bin/get_my_user_info.sh: line 15: /usr/bin/curl: Too many levels of symbolic links
                          ^

I see the same output from the console...

I assume I will need to reimage it but does anyone have the steps to do that or another solution?

Thanks,

Joe

4 Replies 4

@joeharb I had a similar issue before on older FTD versions and reimaged that. What version are you using? 7.2.X is stable IMO.

Here is a guide to reimage

The problem I am having is I can't even get to a prompt after I enter the creds....it won't take any commands, simply goes through several outputs similar to above and then kicks me out....I assume I will need to break into rommon but I can't find any good info on the process after that...

Thanks,

Joe

I also had this before and had also TAC involved. The solution was to reimagine the device as already suggested and reapply the policy. For your standalone FTD this would be to restore a backup to the reimaged device.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card