Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower 1120 crash issue

adity
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Team and engineers

URGENT HELP REQUIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a cisco firepower 1120 H/W with 7.4.1 S/W version and manage by FMCV, we are facing very weird issue, my firewall keeps crashing 2-3 times attaching details below, I have keep tracking cisco tec engineers for the solution but looks they are not want to entertain us...

================================

BH-FTD# show flash | in crash
538268441 624071 Jun 19 2023 22:19:05 crashinfo_20230619_220853_UTC
537177885 584503 Aug 15 2023 02:02:54 crashinfo_20230815_015243_UTC
540120410 557835 Aug 23 2023 15:49:10 crashinfo_20230823_153857_UTC
537915000 622604 Feb 22 2024 03:40:29 crashinfo_20240222_033020_UTC
538020136 613690 Feb 29 2024 07:14:01 crashinfo_20240229_070353_UTC

=====================================================================

I am requesting you to all community expert kindly check and help me to mitigate this issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Are you using NAT with FQDN? If so, is there any possibility of implementing the recommended work around?

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Use latest advisory software for the particular platform (meaning  to upgrade , if applicable) and check if that can help , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

adity
Level 1
Level 1

Not helpful....

- If something is not helpful then explain why you think that too. This
give others an opportunity to reply with more focused answers ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

adity
Level 1
Level 1

@marce1000 , I have upgraded the device to 7.4.1 but post that it started crashing frequently (almost 2-3 times in a day)

- If you are on a latest release your only fallback will become Cisco TAC (support) ; you may however want to configure a syslog server  on the firepower 1120  , and examine logs from the firepower  arriving on it ; sometimes last gasp messaging could provide pointers as to why the device is crashing , 

M.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm not sure what you mean by your statement "I have keep tracking cisco tec engineers for the solution but looks they are not want to entertain us..."

Do you have Smartnet coverage on your equipment? If you do, then you can tell the frontline support representative that you have a Severity 1 (network down) or Severity 2 (network degraded) issue. Either one will get you assigned the next available engineer in a live handoff.

I have opened multiple time the cases they take the logs and after long wait they said it's a bug soon you will get the hotfixes and it's almost 6 months... and from last 2-3 days very difficult to handle this, Imagine 6-7 crashes in a day...

adity
Level 1
Level 1

I am requesting you pls help me with your expertise.....

If you are getting 6-7 crashes in a day it is most likely a hardware fault. I would raise your TAC ticket to Severity 1 and insist on escalation to either fix the problem properly or provide a replacement appliance.

I have dozens of customers running Firepower appliances on various release through t 7.4.1, and none of them see the type of behavior you describe.

Thanks Marvin, but currently they said this is the known issue and soon you will get the patch update..

They have no idea about ETA.

If "they said this is the known issue and soon you will get the patch update..", then they should be able to provide a BugID.

If you share that, I can reach out to some Cisco staff to ask about the release date or any possible work around.

@Marvin Rhoads please find the bug detail: CSCwh31495 (provided by tac), but still no solutions, please check and help me now day by day my business impacting too much.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwh31495

Are you using NAT with FQDN? If so, is there any possibility of implementing the recommended work around?

<<<Ignore accept as solutions>>>

Yes we are using NAT with FQDN, we don't have any other work around, as this is my business requirement that's we checked with cisco and they suggest to purchased the FTD.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card