Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower Management - ASDM or Defense Center

Beauforth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm currently looking into deploying and ASA with FirePOWER services and saw that you can manage some aspects via ASDM. Does anyone know the benefits/drawbacks to managing via ASDM instead of using the Defence Center? Is it plausible to deploy with ASDM and use it to manage the Firewall and FirePOWER going forward? Or will I most likely find myself linking it to a defense center in the future?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

FirePOWER Management Center (name for the old Defense Center since release 6.0) is definitely what I recommend. The 2-device license is only US$500 list price.

It's not perfect but it gives you far superior access to information than does ASDM. ASDM only keeps the last 1000 connection events. The reporting is more limited. Some features cannot be configured in ASDM. You cannot apply the same policy to multiple sensors. Java.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

FirePOWER Management Center (name for the old Defense Center since release 6.0) is definitely what I recommend. The 2-device license is only US$500 list price.

It's not perfect but it gives you far superior access to information than does ASDM. ASDM only keeps the last 1000 connection events. The reporting is more limited. Some features cannot be configured in ASDM. You cannot apply the same policy to multiple sensors. Java.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card