Views
Helpful
Replies

firepower security engine TACACS+ Authentication

Vishnu_RR
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

I have configured Cisco ISE as TACAC+ for firepower chassis. i am able to authenticate chassis with TACACS+ credentials.

But when i tried to login security engine which is not authenticating with TACACS+ but i can login using chassis local user accounts.

Looking for solutions to make security engine to authenticate with TACACS+.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the security engine is running Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) image, TACACS+ is not supported.

If it's running ASA software then it's just like a normal ASA with respect to TACACS+ (fully supported).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

@Vishnu_RR 

You can configure the FXOS chassis (FCM) to use TACACS+ authentication, but the FMC does not support TACACS for user authentication. It does support RADIUS and you can create user roles to assign different privileges.

Here is a guide:-

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firesight-management-center/118541-configure-firesight-00.html

Hi,

My question is that how to make Security Engine (Logical Device security module) to authenticate with TACACS+ ISE.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the security engine is running Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) image, TACACS+ is not supported.

If it's running ASA software then it's just like a normal ASA with respect to TACACS+ (fully supported).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card