cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FireSight host license limit reached

Matthew
Level 1
Level 1

After a week or so of FirePower being in serivce I am receiving a notification that the host license limit has been reached (50k) Right now the action is set to overwrite old hosts. My internal network does not exceed 150+ physical devices so I'm under the assumption this limitation is being reached to due web traffic/external hosts. For now I have disabled the specific trigger in the health policy to clear up the notifications. Looking for suggestions on how to mitigate this in the future.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Take a look at the discovery policy, maybe you need to narrow down networks and zones

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Take a look at the discovery policy, maybe you need to narrow down networks and zones

Looks like my outside interface was included in the discovery rule but not limited to the VPN networks. Made a couple of changes and purged the host information and it looks like I now have a more realistic number of hosts being reported. This should allow me to get a better baseline prior to fully implementing. Thanks for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card