cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC-1000 6.4 managing ASA-5516 unable to apply licenses

Charlyn3266
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on an air gapped network and had to setup the FMC for SLR.  After what seemed like forever and numerous TACs I was finally able to download and install the ASA Threat Defense Threat Protection.  My FMC is running version 6.4 OS and my ASA-5516 are running the sensor 6.4 OS.  My problem is that I cannot apply the license to the devices.  The instructions say to go to System>Licenses-Specific Licenses>Edit Licences.  I followed those instructions and a message window pops up that reads "Edit Licences is not available" 'There are nos smart licensed devices currently being managed by the system.  Please go to Devices > Device management to add a smart licensed device.  When I do this I find no options that will allow me to add the license to the device.  Can someone help me with this?

1 Reply 1

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there! Quick question: Are you are 5516s running Firepower Threat Defense (Unified image/code) or are they running ASA with FirePOWER (This is where you are running both the ASA image and Firepower and use ASA commands to redirect traffic to the Firepower module for inspection). If possible, attach a screenshot from Devices > Device Management screen. 

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card