Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC 4500 Backup to SCP Server

TW80CJ5
Level 3
Level 3

Hello...

I am trying to backup an FM4500 to my SCP Server. I can not get the backup to transfer. I am not using SolarWinds SCP Server and am unsure how / where to put SSH Public Key...

See the screenshot.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Do you have the correct folder - changing at GUI should be same as physically available on SCP Server same name

Keep a close eye on the folder is root you setup then you need to mention here "/"

the best is keep look at Solarwinds SCP Server Logs, check is the FMC intiated connected yes or not ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your post do not have a screenshot, what SCP Server are you using ? from your PC you able to test using Winscp is the SCP server working? if that is working.

Then follow below guide Step 6:

https://www.speaknetworks.com/backup-restore-firepower-management-center/

BB

Hello BB,

I tried the link you provided and it did not work. I did not have the option to clear or remove the public ssh keys there.

I am trying to use the username and pw and not ssh public key.

I am using SolarWinds SCP Server.

TW80CJ5
Level 3
Level 3

I am using SolarWinds SCP Server

I have same configuration i am able to backup and SCP to my (Linux server) all works

here is my config ( same as urs) 

backup.JPG

here is ,my linux side file copied ( 240MB)

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 274319360 Oct 25 22:43 bb-2019-10-25T21-32-25.tar

Suggestion : check on SFTP/SCP server you have enough permission to login - check the Logs on SCP/SFTP Server

check the you have enough space available on the destination depends on your backup size.

check FMC Backup ( there is space so some time it may not take - create a directory FMC-backup and try if above settings good)

BB

Good Morning BB,

I am using Windows 10 with SolarWinds SCP Server running. I cannot get the file to transfer.

Ideas?

Windows 10 - check the FW and Off the firewall

Solarwinds Server - check any FW / required IP to trust (i do not remember the settings, one of my friends had an issue we need to add IP address somewhere in Global Settings to work).

BB

In the FMC, under Access List, I have any/any on port 22.

Windows Firewall I have any/any set too.

In the FMC, Under Remote Storage Device>Storage Type>SSH: Connection I use my SCP Server IP...

In the directory field, I am putting the file path. But I think I may be messing this part up as I am not sure if I am putting the information in there correctly...

Username and password, I am using my scp server's username and pw....

I can SCP to my machine using other devices, etc. 

as suggested check this :

check FMC Backup ( there is space so some time it may not take - create a directory FMC-backup and try if above settings good)

BB

BB,

I changed the folder name and verified no spaces. I inserted a dash in place of space and tried the SCP copy again and it failed.

Do you have the correct folder - changing at GUI should be same as physically available on SCP Server same name

Keep a close eye on the folder is root you setup then you need to mention here "/"

the best is keep look at Solarwinds SCP Server Logs, check is the FMC intiated connected yes or not ?

BB

I am pointing to the default folder path from SCP:      C:\SFTP_Root

My SCP Server: 192.168.1.10

FMC does not try to initiate a connection when I am looking at the SCP Server Log.

We had a Firewall Access Rule blocking it....as soon as I saw it, it connected!!!

Thanks for the help!!!!!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card