Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Have multiple remote sites with ROAS config using MPLS circuits in a hub and spoke config. On these sites we have ASAs between the router and the Switch where a few of the VLANs route through the ASA then out the router. We have static routes set up ...

gshipp001 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello.i have some problem.I need to connect two ASA 5506 firewall with each other .i have created the schema at packet tracer and then recreated it in real world but the same resulti can not make connection (icmp) behind the other firewall (for examp...

Screenshot_1.png
shaig by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am trying to configure snmp for asa . my snmp server ip is 10.0.0.1 ,In syslog i am getting the following message "refused connect from 10.0.0.1" ASA(config)# snmp-server enableASA(config)# snmp-server host inside 10.0.0.1  community somesecretw...

elite2010 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, ive seen a guide from Cisco on how to upgrade the FTD devices under its control within FMC.  I upload the latest patch for the FTD 2110 from Cisco and try to install from FMC - it keeps saying no devices meet the criteria. I’m wondering if I’m up...

hi,i got 2x ASA5520 running 8.2 that i want to merge and do HA/failover.one has 20 security contexts and the other 10 contexts.my question, if i configure failover between them, will the context merge to 30? or both units take the higher count of 20?...

Helloi have a question that if we do not issue the spanning-tree root command the root primary is going to get selected based on Links or MAC address.is that root election rule is going to apply for root "secondary" as well?thanks in advance

Hi, I've not upgraded our ASAs in a while and need some help doing this.  We have 2 x ASA 5516s with Firepower and they are in an Active/Standby setup. Here are some details:  I have a TFTP server, but am not sure which firmware to go to, I have done...

ASA ver.PNG ASA flash.PNG
Gonzo1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an asa5505 Ver 7.2(4)that I am trying to get a SSH connection with SecureCRT but I keep getting Password Authentication failed. This is what I have entered.ssh 192.168.0.0 255.255.0.0 insidessh version 2username Name password Passwordcrypto ke...

servnj by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI tried to update the firepower module of a cisco 5506 firewall but the installation of the moduleit is failed,  The final result is always  Unresponsive ciscoasa(config)# show  module Mod  Card Type                                    Model     ...

skorseny1 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, im looking at installing a different FMC at a backup data centre.  Can you install a second FMC (ESXi) and link the two so one is always the primary and secondary only kicks in if primary goes down? This is like Checkpoint basically ... thanks 

Hi,did not find any information in syslog related to the crash or reboot .  Do we need really need to update the logging level , for example  101001 (%ASA-1-101001: (Primary) Failover cable OK.)is set to alerts . Is there any benefit of changing logg...

elite2010 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes