cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC alert configuration screen (how do you use this thing?!)

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

Is it me or is this the most unintuitive, undecipherable, difficult to use and maddening configuration page ever?  Can anybody shed some light on how this page is supposed to work?  Thanks 

FMC_Alerts.JPG

3 Replies 3

What you are doing here is classifying the health alert modules as severity recovered, and associating that with  FirePOWER Critical Alert email notification Alert

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Oliver Kaiser
Level 7
Level 7

As Marius already stated you define an association of health module (states) to alerts. The configuration you posted basically sends an email alert for all selected health modules whenever the state of the module changes to recovered (e.g. send a mail informing an admin that vpn status is UP again).

The UI for alert definition is a bit clunky, but after defining alerts once or twice you should get the gist of it

When I select "FMC Alert" and hit "load" I get the screen I originally posted.  After that I click on the other severity levels and all modules stay selected.  Does that mean this alert is for all severity levels?  Or do I have to unselect modules and save with a different name? 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card