cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC: Disable email notification for specific blocked intrusions

HQuest
Beginner
Beginner

Running FMC 7.0.0-64, I have email notifications (Policies / Actions / Alerts / Intrusion Email) turned on for intrusion policies (Snort 3, if that makes any difference), and there are only a few of those notifications that are enabled (as set on Email Alerting per Rule Configuration). Yet, emails are also delivered for the unchecked notifications.

I have followed the support configuration (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/70/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v70/external_alerting_for_intrusion_events.html#ID-2212-00000254).

Since I do want these SIDs taking action but I do not need all the email notifications but only a handful, am I missing the correct configuration or is this just another FMC bug?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HQuest
Beginner
Beginner

Well, seems there are multiple sources and configurations for notifications on FMC - and I failed to identify this. The notifications I'm receiving were set by the Policies / Actions / Alerts section, which are then sent whenever matched from the policies themselves. Therefore, by disabling the email alerts from the Alerts section, and enabling only those SIDs I want from the Intrusion Email configuration page, FMC can email me only what I'm after.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

HQuest
Beginner
Beginner

Well, seems there are multiple sources and configurations for notifications on FMC - and I failed to identify this. The notifications I'm receiving were set by the Policies / Actions / Alerts section, which are then sent whenever matched from the policies themselves. Therefore, by disabling the email alerts from the Alerts section, and enabling only those SIDs I want from the Intrusion Email configuration page, FMC can email me only what I'm after.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: