Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC for ASA 5525

Robo.Srobo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I want to install FMC for our two ASAs 5525-X in failover, but I am so confused about which version I can use and so on. I have installed VMware ESXi 7.03j. I was trying to install older (maybe 3-4 years back) version of FMC on this ESXi, but the VM always stucks in boot process with showing notification "sda7: write same failed. Manually zeroing FMC", so I've been thinking if cause of the problem isn't a old version of FMC. Any suggestion please?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Robo.Srobo the ASA 5525X must run FTD image, the latest version that hardware will support is FTD 6.6.

FMC 7.0 can manage FTD version 6.4 to 7.0, so you should be ok there.

Bear in mind, the ASA 5525 is EOL, you will not be able to upgrade to FMC version 7.3 or higher (in the future). https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/70/relnotes/firepower-release-notes-700/compatibility.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First you need to answer 2 questions ?

is the ASA  running FTD image ? or ASA Lina code ?

or you looking to Mananger SFR Module installed in ASA ?

based on the version code running we need to look the matrix of FMC

7.x is the latest and stable.

you need to look always system requirement before installing, i have esxi 6.5 and 7.X FMC 7.X works as expected.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

@Robo.Srobo the ASA 5525X must run FTD image, the latest version that hardware will support is FTD 6.6.

FMC 7.0 can manage FTD version 6.4 to 7.0, so you should be ok there.

Bear in mind, the ASA 5525 is EOL, you will not be able to upgrade to FMC version 7.3 or higher (in the future). https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/70/relnotes/firepower-release-notes-700/compatibility.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card