Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC High Availability Help

Dear community,

I am attempting to bring two identical FMC2500 appliances into an HA pair. They came together ok, but for some reason the standby FMC is having issues bringing in one of my 2 FTD 2140 devices, it registered one of them ok, but not the other. I tried rebooting the device it was having issues with as well as making that device the standby device in the FTD HA Pair, but still the issue persists. The primary FMC has them both registered and the 2140 FTD's are, themselves, in an HA pair. All the messages I am seeing say things like this following:

( Peer Management Center has fewer devices registered. )

Registration: Failed to register <device name> (Deployment from active FMC in progress. Standby FMC will attempt to re-register the device after a few minutes)

Do I need to break the HA pair on the FMC's as well as the FTD's and try again?

FMC's and FTDs both running version 6.4.0.9

Thank you. 

1 Reply 1

Community,

I broke HA on the pair containing the affected device. Once doing so, the Standby FMC was able to pull in the device. I have not been able to find any documentation that explicitly states that FMC HA may have issues if the FTD's are already in in an HA pair, but just for awareness, having them in an HA pair before pairing up the FMC's caused issues. At least for me. 

HTH.

Thanks. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card