Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC Managing a cluster of Firewalls

Steve_etc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Looking for a little direction if possible.

We have four Firepower firewalls along an edge at different locations sharing an ACL policy and NAT policy on the FMC. So we make a change in the policy, it is pushed to all four Firewalls.

However, there are a handfull of rules that are specific to each Firewall only (and not the others). Say for example, each has it's own specific DMZ which aren't in the same zone/IG as the other firewall interfaces. Now, when I add those rules specific to only one Firewall into the policy and try to push the policy to all Firewalls, I get the "this policy references interface not applicable to this firewall" error (words to that effect) which makes total sense.

So what would be best practice in this instance? Ideally, I would like to be able to apply multiple policies to each Firewall...one policy all four firewall have, then a single policy for each of the firewalls containing only the 'locally significant' stuff, but that doesn't seem like a thing.

Any advice (such as read about xxxx) would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks in advance

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe you can do this by implementing Access Control Policies with the "Inheritance" feature. More details can be found here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/70/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v70/getting_started_with_access_control_policies.html#task_BE64105A65EF48818499392E831EC638

Great, that looks like what I am after...Thank you for taking the time!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card