Helpful
Replies

FMC minor upgrade 6.6.5.2 to 6.7.0 - pending deployments

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have a question regarding the FMC minor upgrade from 6.6.5.2 to 6.7.0

I've watched some videos, read procedures and find out that any pending deployments should be pushed prior the upgrade.

I have two sites with ISP issues at the moment therefore getting Deployment failed due to failure in retrieving running configuration information from device. Please check connectivity with the device and retry deployment.

Can I upgrade now or need to wait till all sites are back online and deployments successful?

2nd question: Should I do snapshots of the VM before upgrade or the backup of the configuration files is enough?

I believe TAC won't support snapshots anyway.

Thanks

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thats looks good (as thumb rule when you upgrade FTD or FMC, no backups running or no task running before you start upgrade)

you are good to go.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if any pending task in pipe line that need to completed before upgrade. or discard the changes to upgrade

backup config is good enough, you do not need snapshot (if you have option good to take precaution measure)

make sure check the compatability withg FTD. 

Since you mentioned other side down due to some routing or circuit issue, if that FTD Managed by this FMC, i would fix the connectivity and upgrade is wise step.

BB

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4

Thank you for sharing.

For compatibility is the Cisco Matrix sufficient? 

Management Center Version - Oldest Device Version You Can Manage

FMC 6.7  -  Appliances 6.3

Thanks

thats looks good (as thumb rule when you upgrade FTD or FMC, no backups running or no task running before you start upgrade)

you are good to go.

BB

Unrelated to your problem, but I would suggest *not* to upgrade to 6.7 but instead directly to one of the newer releases of the suggested release-trains. Version 6.7 is reaching EOL soon.

We're hitting the bug and unable to configure backup to remote storage therefore cisco tac asked us to upgrade to 6.7.0.

We still have devices running 6.3 on FTDs and FPs therefore not able to directly upgrade to 7.0 as they only support 6.4 and newer. Thanks

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4

Beware everyone. Cisco TAC initially suggested the upgrade to version 6.7.0 to fix remote storage bug but after reading the release notes I've noticed that this upgrade path is prohibited.

Upgrade from version 6.6.5.2 to 6.7.0 is prohibited as per below notice.

Upgrade Prohibited: FMC Version 6.6.5+ to Version 6.7.0

Deployments: FMC

Upgrading from: Version 6.6.5 or later maintenance release

Directly to: Version 6.7.0 only

You cannot upgrade to Version 6.7.0 from Version 6.6.5 or any later 6.6.x maintenance release. This is because the Version 6.6.5 data store is newer than the Version 6.7.0 data store. If you are running Version 6.6.5+, we recommend you upgrade directly to Version 7.0.0 or later.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card