cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC Not Showing 6.6.5.2 Hotfix Confirmation

md9
Level 1
Level 1

Currently running an HA pair of FMC 4000s.  After pausing synchronization, I installed the 6.6.5.2 hotfix on both.  However, upon installation completion, the OS is still displaying as 6.6.5.1.  

TAC's recommendation is that I uninstall the hotfix and reinstall it.  No change in results with that method.  

I followed Marvin's recommendations from the following link, in order to verify if the hotfix may have been installed:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-security/determine-or-verify-hotfix-version-firepower-threat-defense-ftd/m-p/4087696

Running "cat /etc/sf/patch_history" does show the hotfix listed at the bottom of that list.  However, running "rpm -qa" does not show the updated OS version of 6.6.5.2

Edit:

It appears the last question listed in the following link (https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/frequently-asked-questions-for-firepower-fn-72332/ta-p/4561003#toc-hId-492462945) is exactly what I'm experiencing.  In short, it is stated that it's "safe to assume" the Hotfix was installed correctly, if you see it after running "cat /etc/sf/patch_history", as the version 6.6.5.1 will not be visually updated to 6.6.5.2 to reflect the hotfix installation.  Hmm...not confidence inspiring at all.  

2 Replies 2

carstenlymann1
Level 1
Level 1

Without beeing 100% sure, i think the problem could be the same as in the download page. 

The name is Firepower Management Center Hotfix 6.6.5.1 D
But the file name is 6.6.5.2
Cisco_Firepower_Mgmt_Center_Hotfix_DE_6.6.5.2-8.sh.REL.tar
So if you have downloaded that one, and install says succes i will conclude that you got the hotfix installed and everything is ok.
Yup its not brilliant work, to not name the hotfix 6.6.5.2 as the file name is. But i think you are good. 

Please rate this and mark as answer, if this resolved your issue.
/ Carsten

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
/ Carsten
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card