Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC1700 CIMC port IP address

lizuo.yue1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys:

I am configure our first FMC 1700 chassis now, and trying to enable the CIMC interface

FMC management interface is configured and reachable. I went to System > Configuration > Console configuration > light Out Management, then try to configure a static IP address (different subnet from management interface)

but received error : 

Error

The ip address needs to be on same subnet as the management IP address.

we do have other Cisco appliance like Prime deployed and CIMC always in different subnet with management interface

Does FMC CIMC interface has to be in the same subnet as MGMT? or there is some configure I missed?

Cheers

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Configure a static CIMC address using the CIMC configuration option which can be accessed at boot time from a directly attached keyboard and monitor.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/secure-firewall-management-center/221631-configure-cimc-on-fmc-and-troubleshoot-c.html

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Configure a static CIMC address using the CIMC configuration option which can be accessed at boot time from a directly attached keyboard and monitor.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/secure-firewall-management-center/221631-configure-cimc-on-fmc-and-troubleshoot-c.html

Hi Marvin

Thank you for the info and it helped but didn't resolve my problem

I managed to rebooted the FMC 1700 and press F8 to enter the CIMC configure page, the funny thing is, keyboard up/down is working which proved keyboard is fine, but I was unable to use "enter" to enable/disable any options. and I do have DHCP enabled and received a dynamic IP (reachable and accessable), but I would like to change to static and unable to

my bad, it is "space" rather than "enter"

all sorted now, Thank you Marvin

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card