cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMT failing at validation - worked perfectly in the lab?

I'm attempting to migrate a merged configuration from two ASA's that just contains the objects, object-groups, ACP and two interfaces using the latest FMT 4.0-7965 windows tool.

In my lab (ESXi 7.0) I built an FMCv running the same version as production (7.0.5) and a FTDv with the same version (I didn't really need the FTDv as I just want to push the objects and ACP to the FMC, however its a lab).  There were a few typo's due to cutting and pasting that the FMT initially rejected and excluded them, however I corrected these and it migrated perfectly and all the objects, object-groups and the ACP were in the FMC.

I've taken the same source configuration file and the same FMT tool and tried this on the production FMC and it gets as far as validating and then fails.  The FMC is a HA pair of FMC 4600 appliances (so big powerful UCS boxes).  I've tried several times and it has failed during the validation on all but one occasion.  On that occasion it kicked out four conflicts, so I stopped the tool and manually corrected the conflicts.  I have now tried at least ten times and it continues to fail during validation.  I've checked the logs and it doesn't stop at the same point ever time.  It seems to stop at different points but usually at the point of validating a network object and then a sqlite3 error about writing to a read only database.  Once its failed, it has to be cancelled completely, the temporary files deleted in the folder where the FMT .exe is located, and the whole thing restarted.

This (or a similar) is the error I see:

fmt-fail-1.jpg

I get the feeling this is client side (or maybe issues on the network between FMT & FMC) as it got further on one occasion and nothing is changing in what I'm doing.

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card