Helpful
Replies

FPR 4100 Snort Memory high Utilization

behrouz6408021
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have two Cisco FPR 4110 with FTD version 6.7

My problem is Memory used by snort even when there is no many traffic on firepower .

my configuration in the firepower are IPS with recommendation enabled  and SSL Policy for traffic incoming from outside to my Server Zone and ACL Policy about 200

thank you for help me

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI @behrouz6408021,

I would start with upgrading all of the components to more recent versions (patching to 6.7.0.2, VDB and SRU, and don't forget to check FXOS and Firmware).

If that doesn't help, I wold proceed with TAC case. There is an info in the release notes that bug CSCvt34894 is fixed in 6.7.0 (which looks like behvior you are facing), but we already saw that certain bugs are getting back with newer releases.

BR,

Milos

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Is there a Solution, i also have the same Hardware with the same  Release 6.7.

It startet after a Reboot from FTD and FMC.

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI @behrouz6408021,

I would start with upgrading all of the components to more recent versions (patching to 6.7.0.2, VDB and SRU, and don't forget to check FXOS and Firmware).

If that doesn't help, I wold proceed with TAC case. There is an info in the release notes that bug CSCvt34894 is fixed in 6.7.0 (which looks like behvior you are facing), but we already saw that certain bugs are getting back with newer releases.

BR,

Milos

hi Sir, i have this bug even i am using 7.0.4-55 version of my FTD via FMC

Did you got the solution?

Hi Sir, i just upgraded my snort version 2 to version 3 and the high memory utilization is now normalize but other bugs came out particularly the Access Control Policy in URL blocking categories (phishing, malicious sites and malwares) once i enabled these categoriea all sites will be blocked. So far right now i have upgraded my FTD version to 7.0.5 and almost 5 days now i have not yet experienced any problem in terms of url blocking. Fingers crossed!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card