Views
Helpful
Replies

FPR2110-ASA-K9

Fergal Meehan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Would anyone like to enlighten me about this latest SKU from Cisco? My SC is on holidays :)

I've just ordered it from CCW along with:

FPR2110-ASA-K9 Cisco Firepower 2110 ASA Appliance, 1U
CON-3SNT-FPR2110S SNTC-8X5XNBD Cisco Firepower 2110 ASA Appliance, 1U
L-FPR2110T-TM-3Y Cisco FPR2110 Threat Defense Threat and Malware

Just can't locate anything more detailed.

I am assuming I can now use the ASA code like what was available on the 4100 and 9300 series.

Just not 100% clear on the Threat Defense/Malware and the Management and how it all integrates with each other.Maybe I should look at the 4100 series resource pages to compare.

I know its local management (at the moment) so need peace of mind that the SKUs above all interact with each other.

Thanks

Fergal

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 2110 with ASA image was just released for ordering earlier this month. It won't be shipping until September.

If you get that, it will not have any Firepower capability (nor can you add it on) so the TM license would not apply - that is only for 2110 with FTD image. That will save you quite a bit of money - feel free to buy me a coffee. :)

With ASA image you have the typical options for ASA management - cli, ASDM, CSM or (in a limited fashion) CDO. It cannot host a Firepower module.

I just bought this...

Within CCW there is the FPR2110-BUN that I selected!! Within that bundle I had the choice of hardware and I selected FPR2110-ASA-K9. Then the BUN asks to select the subscription so I selected L-FPR2110T-TM-3Y. That t me implies they are compatible.

Even if they are not I'm sure I can put the FTD image on work it from there? I can right? I hope :o

Although an old article you may convert 2100 with ASA to run FTD and use L-FPR2110T-TM-3Y.

Cisco ASA to Firepower Threat Defense Migration Guide, Version 6.2 Prepare the ASA for Migration http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/620/asa2ftd-migration/asa2ftd-migration-guide-620/asa2ftd_migration_procedure.html

Yes - you can convert a Firepower 2110 with ASA image to run FTD image.

The TM license you have purchased will enable the most commonly used features on the FTD device. (URL filtering will not be enabled.)

Most organizations would be better served to manage a 2110 with FTD using FMC vs. the on-box FDM. FDM will provide limited functionality which is often not adequate for enterprise requirements.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card