Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD 1010 - Network Card not working after upgrade

Chess Norris
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have a strange problem with a Firepower 1010 device that crashed after upgrading to 7.1 (Beta release)

After booting, I now see the following error

Nov 21 10:01:16 firepower FPRM: <<%FPRM-2-UNSUPPORTED>> [F1326][critical][unsupported][sys/switch-A/slot-1] Switch/EPM card in slot 1 is not supported or recognized

All networks ports except for the management port are down, so it looks like the network card is not function anymore.

It's of cause hard to tell if this happened because of the upgrade or if it's just a strange circumstance.

Anyone seen this error message before and know if there is any solution except for replacing it?

Thanks

/Chess

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I just did a complete reimage back to 7.0 and now everything is working again. I am in the beta program as a firejumper, so that's why I wanted to test the new features in 7.1

Thanks

/Chess

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Since you mention that is a beta release. Do you need it - if so you will probably have to engage with TAC on  that.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I just did a complete reimage back to 7.0 and now everything is working again. I am in the beta program as a firejumper, so that's why I wanted to test the new features in 7.1

Thanks

/Chess

- That means you even more need to report issues such as  that one, which you encountered

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Yes, of course. I've already notified the Global Security Architecture Team.

/Chess

BmfL
Level 1
Level 1

Watching all the posts seems like 6.7 is the image to go. In fact that is the image suggested by Cisco on download page. I have myself 7.0.1 and have been facing some issues including port down (needed to shut no shut few times on FMC). In addition to that version 7.0.1 have other issues such as unable to select proper interfaces when creating VTI tunnels. Nevertheless, if you are in a beta program, good luck with that. I will be waiting for a stable 7.1 version with new features.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card