cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD 2110 dropping from FMC

slicerpro
Level 1
Level 1

This one FTD was greyed out on the FMC for a few days. This happened when the FTD had a power outage and it rebooted. Whenever I log in, it says "You have logged in while system startup is in progress. Please wait, some feature may be unavailable until startup is complete." It stayed that way even after another reboot and for days. The interfaces are all up that are supposed to be up. I can't ping anything from the FTD prompt or from the diagnostic cli. However I can ping from expert mode.

The FMC is running 7.2.4 and the FTD is running 7.0.6.

I appreciate your insights in advance.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

May be something went wrong ?

does the FMC can ping FTD, and FTD can ping FMC.

I can't ping anything from the FTD prompt or from the diagnostic cli. However I can ping from expert mode.  - can you also post output here.

i suggest to de-register and re-register again. or open a TAC case ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Do you have console access to the device?  If yes, during the boot process did you notice anything in the console output that might point to what happened?

after booting up, is console access normal?  I mean do you get the > prompt when you connect to the device? If you get the normal prompt run the following commands and past the output here:

show managers

pmtool status

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

An unplanned power outage can sometimes corrupt FTD databases and result in the device not starting up cleanly. In such cases, it is almost always best to open a TAC case as identification and repair of the underlying system's database is a very delicate process.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card