Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD console port cannot access

h.dam
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a pair of FTD 2130 with A/P. They both have different mgmt IP address.

Last week I got peer failed error so I tried to connect them via console port. 

I realized that I cannot connect to Standby device via console port while I can use console port of the Active device.

My questions are:

1. Is it normal that console access on Stby device unavailable?

2. Moreover, PS1, PS2, FAN, SYS, ACT were OFF on front panel but the PS leds are green on the rear. Is it a normal behaviour when the pair isn't synchronized?

3. I can ping the Active IP mgmt address but not the Standby mgmt address, don't know why?

In summary, I have no access to the Standby device neither via ssh nor via console port.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Marvin,

I made a power on/off on this Standby device while connecting the console port, nothing happened. So I think I should contact Cisco for a RMA.

Thanks very much.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the output from Active :

show high-availability config

I am sure you have console access.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It appears your standby appliance has failed. I would disconnect the data interfaces and power cycle it while connected to console. If not output appears during boot up then open a TAC case for a likely RMA (Return Material Authorization) hardware replacement.

Hello Marvin,

I made a power on/off on this Standby device while connecting the console port, nothing happened. So I think I should contact Cisco for a RMA.

Thanks very much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: