cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD re-registration with FMC

nwsplus10
Level 1
Level 1

We had an oops at our site and the IP address of our FMCv management port change changed and caused all sorts of havoc.  Even though we finally got things changed back in FMCv, our FTD's no longer communicate with it.

It appears that the only way to get them connected again is to de-register the FTD and re-register it.  My question is, if I do this, will the FTD lose any configurations, specifically interfaces?  I need to know if I have to schedule this as maintenance outage with users or if it should be fairly seamless.

P.S.  I miss my ASA's.

Thanks for any help.

MR>

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alan Ng'ethe
Level 3
Level 3

Deleting Devices from the Firepower Management Center

"When a device is deleted and then re-added, the Firepower Management Center web interface prompts you to re-apply your access control policies. However, there is no option to re-apply the NAT and VPN policies during registration. Any previously applied NAT or VPN configuration will be removed during registration and must be re-applied after registration is complete."

Also from the document:

Deleting a device:

• Severs all communication between the Firepower Management Center and the device.

• Removes the device from the Device Management page.

• Returns the device to local time management if the device is configured via the platform settings policy to receive time from the Firepower Management Center via NTP.

Per this document It doesn't appear that interface configurations will be lost.

I totally hear you about missing the ASAs.

Remember to rate helpful posts and/or mark as a solution if your issue is resolved.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Alan Ng'ethe
Level 3
Level 3

Deleting Devices from the Firepower Management Center

"When a device is deleted and then re-added, the Firepower Management Center web interface prompts you to re-apply your access control policies. However, there is no option to re-apply the NAT and VPN policies during registration. Any previously applied NAT or VPN configuration will be removed during registration and must be re-applied after registration is complete."

Also from the document:

Deleting a device:

• Severs all communication between the Firepower Management Center and the device.

• Removes the device from the Device Management page.

• Returns the device to local time management if the device is configured via the platform settings policy to receive time from the Firepower Management Center via NTP.

Per this document It doesn't appear that interface configurations will be lost.

I totally hear you about missing the ASAs.

Remember to rate helpful posts and/or mark as a solution if your issue is resolved.

Thank you for the help!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card