cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD scp copy AnyConnect files via CLI

dbogdan
Level 1
Level 1

I am having trouble deploying from FMC to a FTD running v6.4 software.  When I deploy after about 15 minutes, I get errors related to Fstream similar to this:  

Failed to download required package: /var/cisco/deploy/pkg/var/cisco/packages/lina/domain/AnyConnect Image/111/anyconnect-win-4.9.06037-webdeploy-k9.pkg (fstream failure)

Is there a way to copy these files to the FTD via scp?

Thanks in advance

Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dbogdan
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, I was able to use scp copy to the FTD and run an update.  I downloaded a copy of scp from solarwinds and dropped the file in that directory.  

1. sudo scp username@x.x.x.x:/Cisco_FTD_Upgrade-6.4.0-102.sh.REL.tar /var/sf/updates

2. sudo md5sum /var/sf/updates/Cisco_FTD_Upgrade-6.4.0-102.sh.REL.tar  *to get checksum

3. install_update.pl /var/sf/updates/Cisco_FTD_Upgrade-6.4.0-102.sh.REL.tar

all the above worked however it turned out the database files were corrupt and I ended up loading a new bootloader, and a new image.

Thanks again.  I hope this helps someone in the future!

Dave

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

not sure what part this getting error, if you looking to upload files any connect look below guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/network-management/remote-access/212424-anyconnect-remote-access-vpn-configurati.html#anc10

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

dbogdan
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, I was able to use scp copy to the FTD and run an update.  I downloaded a copy of scp from solarwinds and dropped the file in that directory.  

1. sudo scp username@x.x.x.x:/Cisco_FTD_Upgrade-6.4.0-102.sh.REL.tar /var/sf/updates

2. sudo md5sum /var/sf/updates/Cisco_FTD_Upgrade-6.4.0-102.sh.REL.tar  *to get checksum

3. install_update.pl /var/sf/updates/Cisco_FTD_Upgrade-6.4.0-102.sh.REL.tar

all the above worked however it turned out the database files were corrupt and I ended up loading a new bootloader, and a new image.

Thanks again.  I hope this helps someone in the future!

Dave

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card