cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD Upgrade after FMC is upgraded

keithcclark71
Level 3
Level 3

I successfully upgraded the FMC from 6.6.5 to 7.2 now I am downloading the FTD upgrade SSP Tar file to upload to the FMC. My question is the FTD is over a s2s tunnel and therefore remote from the FMC. I would think I could push it through the tunnel but am just wondering what you guys think as I am a bit concerned it could hose my FTD that is in production

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It should have worked as you initially described. I'd definitely have TAC look into the logs for you to ascertain the reason for the failed deployment.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

keithcclark71
Level 3
Level 3

Just wanted to update this. This failed on me so now I gotta rush in the morning to get onsite before business opens to put in place their old ASA. I did the push to FTD, readiness checks successful and figures the install failed. This is killing me because if in future i need to do upgrades to tail site FTDS this certainly does not make me confident.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It should have worked as you initially described. I'd definitely have TAC look into the logs for you to ascertain the reason for the failed deployment.

manofsteel03
Level 1
Level 1

I agree with @Marvin Rhoads as it should've worked since the upgrade readiness completed. We have 8 remote sites connected via S2S tunnel and haven't had an issue with upgrades, although they are all setup in an HA pair. Review the status.log under /var/log/sf/<FTD Code> to see if the upgrade completed successfully. If it did, reboot and see if that brings back up the site. Also recommend getting some sort of remote Out-of-Band terminal server so in the future you can connect in to see the issue before having to go onsite.

hth

keithcclark71
Level 3
Level 3

When I arrived onsite the FTD inside and outside interfaces were SHUT but MGMT was fine. I had to restart the FTD at which point the interfaces came online and internet was restored at site and my S2S tunnels came up. I'm fine with that and glad that is all it was.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card