Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team

Where can i get my hands on a FTDv demo license

7 Replies 7

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Contact your Cisco or partner account team or systems engineer for access to the image.

When you install FTDv image and login for the first time it will have the option to use the built-in 90-day evaluation license from the start.

Hello Marvin,

Has the evaluation license limitations, for example bandwidth? 

There are no limitations on the evaluation license.  You will have access to Threat, URL, AnyConnect and Malware / File licenses during the 90 day trial.  

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

davparker
Level 1
Level 1

Has this changed? I didn't notice an option for an eval license with FTD 7.X.  Extremely limited functionality

There is a 90 day trial license for new install FTDs.  But if you have used the trial license already it will not be available to you.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

davparker
Level 1
Level 1

The only licensing options available are for Smart Licensing, tied to the customer portal. There is no Demo/Eval license option. I'm running FTDv in a lab, locally managed. 

It is in 90 day mode. "Usable cryptography types are currently restricted by the licensing status of the device". For IKE v2 only DES-SHA-SHA is available, I tried doing a simple VTI tunnel with this encryption between two FTDs locally managed but it won't negotiate.  Kind of pointless.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card