cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FWSM 2.3(5) and NAT CONTROL

lomonaco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a customer who is running FWSM version 2.3(5).

I can see the show running-config all and I see  a lot of nat exceptions (nat 0) but I don't find the nat-control command.

I have two questions:

01) Someone knows if in the FWSM version 2.3(5) the nat-control is always enabled ?

02) Where I can find a link to download the FWSM configuration guide for the version 2.3.x ?

Thanks in Advanced,

My Best Regards,

Andre Lomonaco

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

To my understanding the command "nat-control" was introduced in the software level 3.1(1) on the FWSM so your device would not know that command.

I am not sure what the operation before that is since I have not used such an old software either on FWSM side or the PIX side. The default setting when the command was introduced was "no nat-control".

I can not find such an old Configuration Guide. Oldest is 3.1

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/interfaces-modules/catalyst-6500-series-firewall-services-module/model.html#ConfigurationGuides

I am not sure what kind of differences there are. I guess there might be some as were talking about a pretty old software level.

- Jouni

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

To my understanding the command "nat-control" was introduced in the software level 3.1(1) on the FWSM so your device would not know that command.

I am not sure what the operation before that is since I have not used such an old software either on FWSM side or the PIX side. The default setting when the command was introduced was "no nat-control".

I can not find such an old Configuration Guide. Oldest is 3.1

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/interfaces-modules/catalyst-6500-series-firewall-services-module/model.html#ConfigurationGuides

I am not sure what kind of differences there are. I guess there might be some as were talking about a pretty old software level.

- Jouni

Hi Jouni, thanks a lot for your reply.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card