cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FWSM 2.3(5) and NAT CONTROL

lomonaco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a customer who is running FWSM version 2.3(5).

I can see the show running-config all and I see  a lot of nat exceptions (nat 0) but I don't find the nat-control command.

I have two questions:

01) Someone knows if in the FWSM version 2.3(5) the nat-control is always enabled ?

02) Where I can find a link to download the FWSM configuration guide for the version 2.3.x ?

Thanks in Advanced,

My Best Regards,

Andre Lomonaco

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

To my understanding the command "nat-control" was introduced in the software level 3.1(1) on the FWSM so your device would not know that command.

I am not sure what the operation before that is since I have not used such an old software either on FWSM side or the PIX side. The default setting when the command was introduced was "no nat-control".

I can not find such an old Configuration Guide. Oldest is 3.1

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/interfaces-modules/catalyst-6500-series-firewall-services-module/model.html#ConfigurationGuides

I am not sure what kind of differences there are. I guess there might be some as were talking about a pretty old software level.

- Jouni

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

To my understanding the command "nat-control" was introduced in the software level 3.1(1) on the FWSM so your device would not know that command.

I am not sure what the operation before that is since I have not used such an old software either on FWSM side or the PIX side. The default setting when the command was introduced was "no nat-control".

I can not find such an old Configuration Guide. Oldest is 3.1

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/interfaces-modules/catalyst-6500-series-firewall-services-module/model.html#ConfigurationGuides

I am not sure what kind of differences there are. I guess there might be some as were talking about a pretty old software level.

- Jouni

Hi Jouni, thanks a lot for your reply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: