Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

I really know very little about firewalls, but noticed on the Firewall Dashboard we are seeing constant possible scanning attacks.  Is this normal?  If not what should I do about it?

Hello CSC World!I just came across an issue where our pair of ASA5525 devices are syncing but showing a "failed" state when issuing the show fail command. Here is the output of the show fail command:Failover On Failover unit SecondaryFailover LAN In...

Dear Support,How to allow ping from firewall? Peer side is reachable, but when I tracert peer side, I don't have the routes. C:\Users\rhane01>ping -t 172.28.67.89Envoi d'une requête 'Ping'  172.28.67.89 avec 32 octets de données :Réponse de 172.28.67...

Resolved! How to bypass NAT

HiI want to know the commands to bypass NAT on an asa 5505 pre 8.3I have a router at the edge that is doing natting so  i want the asa to simply send the traffic without perming any natting. Thanks

Hi,following the title I'd like to know if failover mechanism could be created between two identical cisco asa firewall and SO, but with different licenses in the crypto. (k8 and k9). NOTE:We don't use AES encryptionWe can downgrade the k9 to k8? Reg...

Hi  I cannot get access to the internet via the DR. The router at DR can ping out to 8.8.8.8, however the ASA and the core switch at DR can only ping .28 and .29, they do ping the .17 address but intermittently. Now it seems they have stopped pinging...

Hi.  We are having troubles with a CSC-20 module during  failover implementation, we got  the same hardware and versions, but user license are different the firs one is for 500 user, and the fail over has only 250 user available, is user licensing a ...

fvargas by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We purchased a Cisco ASA5512- 250 VPN Bundle, we want to evaluate Web Security Essentials so have purchased the SSD120 disk and installed into the hot plug slot. I am now struggling to find out what to do next, is there a software package I need t...

Hi Everyone,    As  per Cisco our ASA has this vulnerability. Workaround is For the Cisco ASA DNS Memory Exhaustion Vulnerability, reducing the retries setting to 0 under the DNS server-group provides a workaround for this issue.The following examp...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All Member,I Need the cisco expert to support me on this caseactually i want to know which features on the nexet generation firewall with a firepower module license  are not on the sourcefire- 8140 appliance  so as i heard from the sourcefire sp...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: