Views
Helpful
Replies

FWSM + VSS Support

imran.moulvi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

We are planning to convert our 6509 chasis' into a VSS.

Each chasis house an FWSM.

The chasis are running the following IOS- Release 12.2(33)SXH8b and FWSM are at 3.2(Application software)

We understand that the FWSM need to be upgraded but arent sure if the newer 4.0 or 4.1 versions will be compatible the IOS version on the supervisor.

Can someone please advise on this.

4 Replies 4

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Imran,

You can go through these release notes and it should give you all the info you need:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/fwsm/fwsm40/release/notes/fwsmrn40.html

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

Hi Varun,

I've checked the releaase notes for 4.0 & 4.1 as well however none of them mention the IOS version that I am running.

So I am not sure if this is compatible with the FWSM software.

Regards,

FWSM Release 4.0(4) is the first release that will support FWSM integration in a VSS environment (Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Virtual Switching Supervisor Engine 720 with 10GE uplinks needs to run Cisco IOS Software Release 12.2(33)SXI).

Firewall Services Module (FWSM) (WS-SVC-FWM-1-K9)

12.2(33)SXI

Just to add this will be minimum requirement . In regard to your 2nd question 4.1 will be the new release.

Thanks

Ajay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: