Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXOS Upgrade Question

Hi Community,

I am currently upgrading the FXOS on a pair of 4140 FTD appliances from 2.2 to 2.8. And part of the procedure is to run the following commands:

Firepower4100# scope system
Firepower4100 /system # show firmware monitor
FPRM:
Package-Vers: 2.8(1.105)
Upgrade-Status: Ready

Fabric Interconnect A:
Package-Vers: 2.8(1.105)
Upgrade-Status: Ready

Chassis 1:
Server 1:
Package-Vers: 2.2(2.17),2.8(1.105)

Upgrade-Status: Upgrading

My question is this: What is the difference between the FPRM, Fabric Interconnect and the Chassis? What are these systems and what is their role in the system?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Firepower system is built as a distributed hardware architecture. Various functions are serviced from different hardware components.
The Supervisor Engine (or MIO) is the main control point for all chassis and interface and blade configurations

Each of the components you mentioned is a subsystem that makes up the Firepower chassis as a system.

• FPRM: Supervisor/MIO
  • Fabric Interconnect: connects supervisor to the chassis and blades
  • Chassis: chassis, blade, CIMC (Cisco Integrated Management Controller)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Firepower system is built as a distributed hardware architecture. Various functions are serviced from different hardware components.
The Supervisor Engine (or MIO) is the main control point for all chassis and interface and blade configurations

Each of the components you mentioned is a subsystem that makes up the Firepower chassis as a system.

• FPRM: Supervisor/MIO
  • Fabric Interconnect: connects supervisor to the chassis and blades
  • Chassis: chassis, blade, CIMC (Cisco Integrated Management Controller)

I would like to up this thread.

I am upgrading also my FXOS for 3 hours now but the status of my Chassis 1 is still Upgrading. Do you have any idea what would be the cause?

Thanks

@fatalXerror if you are encountering a problem during a live upgrade you should contact Cisco TAC. 3 hours without completion is definitely indicative of a problem.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per my understnading below i can describe as :

FTD 41XX or 9XXX unlike another UCS blade server, on top of it Cisco Building FXOS ( operating system) and FTD.

FI just FEX card for backplane to connect to external - just Layer2 switch (with own OS).

Server 1  - if you look at 9XXX has single chasis more server like blade server available.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you for the quick reply! This is very helpful.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card