cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting to the Firesight server shell

Colin Higgins
Level 2
Level 2

I am trying to shutdown the FMC server from the CLI but I can't remember how to get to the shell

I can SSH into the system, but when I type "expert" it doesn't take. There isn't any man command or context-senstive help.

Does anyone know how to get to the shell?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The FireSIGHT Management Center (name for pre-6.0 versions) does not have a separate expert shell. The clish + bash shell scheme is used on FirePOWER service modules.

When you ssh to an FMC you are already in the Linux bash shell. If you need to execute privileged user commands, you can use the standard Linux "sudo" syntax. The superuser password for "su" is the same as the admin password.

There is a technote that covers the process to restart the system from the console:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firesight-management-center/118594-technote-firesight-00.html#anc3

The full set of parameters available with the console command script is as follows:

Cisco Fire Linux OS v6.2.1 (build 6)
Cisco Firepower Management Center for VMWare v6.2.1 (build 342)
admin@sfvdc:~$ sudo su -
Password:
root@sfvdc:~# /etc/rc.d/init.d/console ?
Usage: /etc/rc.d/init.d/console {start|stop|restart|reload}
root@sfvdc:~#

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The FireSIGHT Management Center (name for pre-6.0 versions) does not have a separate expert shell. The clish + bash shell scheme is used on FirePOWER service modules.

When you ssh to an FMC you are already in the Linux bash shell. If you need to execute privileged user commands, you can use the standard Linux "sudo" syntax. The superuser password for "su" is the same as the admin password.

There is a technote that covers the process to restart the system from the console:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firesight-management-center/118594-technote-firesight-00.html#anc3

The full set of parameters available with the console command script is as follows:

Cisco Fire Linux OS v6.2.1 (build 6)
Cisco Firepower Management Center for VMWare v6.2.1 (build 342)
admin@sfvdc:~$ sudo su -
Password:
root@sfvdc:~# /etc/rc.d/init.d/console ?
Usage: /etc/rc.d/init.d/console {start|stop|restart|reload}
root@sfvdc:~#

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card