Views
Helpful
Replies

GRE Tunnel (Packet Tracer Bug?)

Thomas Leong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

i have some issue with GRE Tunnel in Packet Tracer during my Training.. all the setup is correct, both tunnel is up/up, but i dk why it just cannot go like 192.168.1.2 -> 192.168.25.2 -> 10.0.0.2

image.png

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

@Thomas Leong 

You've got the wrong tunnel destinations configured. The tunnel would be between the R0 and R3 outside interfaces, not the inside interfaces. Change to the following:-

R0

Tunnel1
tunnel destination 192.168.4.2

R3

Tunnel1
tunnel destination 192.168.2.1

HTH

View solution in original post

Thomas Leong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rob,

i think there some bug on packet tracer causing gre tunnel not working. because i try to rebuild gre tunnel it works. =.=

Thanks,

Thomas

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi @Thomas Leong 

Do you have the routing (dynamic or static) configured so each endpoint PC knows how to reach the other? Do the PCs have a default gateway setup for the local router's IP address?

Thomas Leong
Level 1
Level 1

image.png

@Thomas Leong 

You've got the wrong tunnel destinations configured. The tunnel would be between the R0 and R3 outside interfaces, not the inside interfaces. Change to the following:-

R0

Tunnel1
tunnel destination 192.168.4.2

R3

Tunnel1
tunnel destination 192.168.2.1

HTH

Thomas Leong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rob Ingram,

Thanks for your correction, but the tunnel still not working, not sure why....

Thanks,

Thomas

image.pngimage.png

Thomas Leong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rob,

i think there some bug on packet tracer causing gre tunnel not working. because i try to rebuild gre tunnel it works. =.=

Thanks,

Thomas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card