cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HA failure due to Mate not present card in slot 3 is different from mine sfr5525

Gus Rosa
Level 1
Level 1

trying to add a new 5525 for HA but when I issue the failover command in the secondary I get 

Mate detected then I get this error

HA failure due to Mate not present card in slot 3 is different from mine sfr5525

i noticed I had firepower 5.4 on the new 5525 but in the existing one I had no software installed on it. I removed the software on the new 5525 in hopes thus would work but it did not. I did not issue a reload or reboot though. Could this be the problem? 

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If ne has a sfr (FirePOWER) module then the other must as well for HA to form successfully.

If your ASA software is 9.3(1) or later, you can overide that setting with the command:

no monitor-interface service-module

Reference:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-firewalls/200944-Disable-Service-Module-Monitoring-on-ASA.html

Thank you for your reply. I'll give that command a go to see if HA comes up and I'll make sure that software matches for sfr on both FWs even though they are not in use.

I have a similar problem, and the way to reach to a solution was with this comands:

sw-modulo module cxsc uninstall

sw-module module sfr uninstall

regards

For the record, I had the error:

Detected an Active mate
Mate CXSC5525 card in slot 3 is different from mine SFR5525

I issued:

no monitor-interface service-module

sw-module module sfr uninstall

But didnt work untill AFTER a reboot !

This worked for me after a reboot.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card