Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HA FTD 2110 SNMP

I have two FTD 2110 version 7.0.4 configured with HA. I have configured a policy in Devices>Platform settings targeting the HA pair, in order to poll snmp from their Management interface. But during the discovery of the Secondary/Standby device its name shows the Primary/Active FW name is this normal behavior? or is there another way to configure snmp on an HA pair

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is normal behaviour.  Since this is in HA the configuration is replicated to the secondary device and therefor the name will be the same as on the primary.  As the SNMP polling via the Platform Settings happens on the data plane and not the management plane you will get the same name.  If possible you might be able to change the name manually on your SNMP server based on the standby IP.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

This is normal behaviour.  Since this is in HA the configuration is replicated to the secondary device and therefor the name will be the same as on the primary.  As the SNMP polling via the Platform Settings happens on the data plane and not the management plane you will get the same name.  If possible you might be able to change the name manually on your SNMP server based on the standby IP.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

To add to the above there is an Enhancement request (Bug nr. CSCwe31354 ) to include the ability to change the Cluster/HA device hostnames individually. https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwe31354

I also would like this enhancement as we are right now monitoring both FW of the HA pair via snmp and it is very confusing that our monitoring system displays both with the same hostname. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card