Views
Helpful
Replies

HA Pair - Anyconnect license

NetworkGuy!
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have a pair of Cisco 55xx running in failover mode. Now the Secondary unit is Active and Primary Unit is Standby - I need to apply Anyconnect license - Which one do I need to apply in two scenarios:

a. if i am running on code 8.2

b. if i am running on code 8.3+ (As I heard you just need to apply only 1 license)

For 8.3+ Do I just need to apply on the current Active unit (i.e Secondary device) or do I need to apply on Standby Unit (i.e Primary device)

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don't think it matters, I usually add it to the primary unit as long as it's working.
It will sync the license so when you do a show version on the secondary unit you will see the total license amount on both devices.

br, Micke

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mikael.lahtela
Level 4
Level 4
Hi,

From release 8.3+ you need only add license to one of the units.

"Starting with Version 8.3(1), you do not have to have matching licenses on both units. Typically,
you buy a license only for the primary unit; the secondary unit inherits the primary license when it
becomes active"

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa96/configuration/general/asa-96-general-config/intro-license.pdf

br, Micke

Thanks Mikael - So it does not matter if the primary unit is standby? my question is, the firewalls have swapped so do I apply to the Active (secondary) unit or Standby (primary) unit?

I don't think it matters, I usually add it to the primary unit as long as it's working.
It will sync the license so when you do a show version on the secondary unit you will see the total license amount on both devices.

br, Micke

ok thanks!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card