cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I setup and access SSH on Firepower 1010 FDM?

EvanC75
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am surprised by the lack of documentation on this.  Currently I cannot login to SSH on my firepower 1010 appliance through data interface or management interface.  Although both are set to allow https and ssh, only the management interface will connect but my admin credentials are not working.  The exact same username and password I use to access the web interface does not work on ssh login.

How do I access SSH on this thing???

Side note, I need to be able to access SSH on the data interface because I have a ticket open with TAC where they request me to upload some info while connected to the firepower appliance via SSH and it is not possible to access the Internet on the management interface.

Regards.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Since you have TAC support, it would probably be best to work it real time during a support call with the TAC engineer.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How did you configure the data interface to allow ssh?

If you cannot access the Internet via management interface, you can scp the files from the appliance locally and then later transfer them to Cisco. Normally TAC asks for a troubleshooting file which can be created and downloaded locally via FDM.

Thanks for the reply. I was unsuccessful with scp too. For ssh over data interface, in web page, I went to management access, selected data interface , by default it just shows https and I selected ssh to add it.
Regards.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I just did it in my lab using an FTDv 6.7 with FDM management. It seemed to work fine for me. Did you remember to add the allowed networks for access to the data interface for management purposes?

FTD Management Access via Data InterfaceFTD Management Access via Data Interface

Yes, I also tried any ipv4. I don’t use ipv6. It still times out on data interface and on management interface it won’t accept my password.
Regards.

Since you have TAC support, it would probably be best to work it real time during a support call with the TAC engineer.

Understood, I will open a case. Thanks!
Regards.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card