cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many device can FMC manage? Do new device need license?

Hi all,

we have FMC in VMWARE and it manages firepower module in ASA5508.In our warehouse we want to deploy another SFR module.Firstly,how can I know that how many device can FMC manage?

I didn't find anywhere. If it can manage at least 2 devices , do we need new license? For gateway (that is module SFR) or for FMC? Please, answer these question , since we must do this project ASAP.

Thanks in advance,

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Starting with version 6.x, there is no longer license enforcement in the FMC. As a result, it is on the honor system. The only way to find out which license you purchased is to go back and find the purchase order or contact the partner/re-seller that you made the purchase from and have them look up that information.

Nevertheless, as it stands, you should be able to manage up to 25 devices/sensors with the virtual FMC.

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Kanan-

• The virtual FMC can manage up to 25 devices/sensors. These can be a mix of ASA with Firepower, legacy Sourcefire appliances, virtual Firepower appliances and the new Firepower Threat Defense appliances.
  • The virtual FMC can be licensed to manage 2, 10 or 25 devices. If you need to manage more than 25 then you will need to upgrade to a physical FMC appliance
  • Here is the link for the FMC data sheet that you can reference:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/firesight-management-center/datasheet-c78-736775.html?cachemode=refresh

I hope this helps!

Thanks for your response.Could you say please, how can I know that which license has been installed?

Actually, in license section there is only license about modules ,but not FMC itself.

Regards,

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

What version of software are you running?

Sorry for my late response.

The version of FMC is 6.1.0

Regards,

HTH,

Starting with version 6.x, there is no longer license enforcement in the FMC. As a result, it is on the honor system. The only way to find out which license you purchased is to go back and find the purchase order or contact the partner/re-seller that you made the purchase from and have them look up that information.

Nevertheless, as it stands, you should be able to manage up to 25 devices/sensors with the virtual FMC.

Quick question, can 1 same sensor be managed by 2 different FMC at the same time?

@pro_engineering

No. A given sensor can only be managed by a single FMC.

Also if it is FMC-managed it cannot also be locally managed (i.e. with Firepower Device Manager or ASDM, depending on the sensor type).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card