Views
Helpful
Replies

how to manage Firepower 7000 with FMC?

Sec_guy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I have Firepower 7125 and just boot up for first time .. I used the default IP 192.168.45.45 to connect to the FMC web interface with my laptop .!

What is the next step to manage the Firepower appliance as I can not see any tabs except OVERVIEW tab on the top left corner !?

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

FMC is FirePOWER Management Center- a separate server and not the FirePOWER appliance. The appliance has its own Web interface with limited ability to see the appliance status.

If it's truly out of the box with factory defualt configuration, you should be prompted to setup as described in the Getting Started Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/hw/getting-started/firepower-7000/FP7000-Getting-Started.html#pgfId-1009770

Please review that and let us know. The procedure for restoring to true factory default is also covered in the guide.

You can also check from the cli - "show managers".

you mean that I have to purchase an FMC image or server separately ? not included with the firepower applience ?

yes, i followed the steps but dont know what to do next

The image is included. You didn't indicate earlier that you had run through the initial setup wizard.

If you have done so then the next step is to go the the FirePOWER Management Center, register the appliance to it and - once successfully registered - apply licenses and create policies.

You do have to have a separate FirePOWER Management Center - either the appliance or the VM (VM without the 2- or 10-device license restriction).

Thank you sir

but where can I find the image ? and is there any license required for the Firesight management center itself ? I only have the Control license packaged with the device

FirePOWER Management Center (FMC) must be separately purchased. It is a licensed product (although since Release 6.0 it no longer requires you install a license key).

You cannot manage or deploy policies on a FirePOWER appliance (like your 3D7125) without a FirePOWER Management Center.

The Cisco SKU (part number) for the FMC in VM form (requires a VMware ESXi host) is FS-VMW-SW-K9. There is also an associated support contract CON-ECMU-VMW. When you purchase those, you will have entitlement to access and install the FMC software image.

You will also need one of several available licenses - IPS, URL, and Malware are the available types (also packaged as bundles). Your Cisco reseller should have made you aware of all of this when you purchased the 3D7125 appliance. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card