cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to save config in asa5515-x firepower?

TCAM
Level 1
Level 1

Hi -  this may be a dumb question. 

Ssh to firepower, is there a CLI command to save and backup current configuration?

In firesight dc750, i know i can use GUI to save and restore firesight config but couldn't find a way to save and backup config in firepower?

Can someone shed some lights please?  Many thanks

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Other than the bootstrapping info (IP address, gateway FMC registration etc.), all of the FirePOWER module policies and events are stored on the FirePOWER Management Center.

As far as I know you cannot backup a FirePOWER module itself.

Thanks Jetsy and Marvin for your inputs and comments.

I am managing firepower from firesight.  The problem I run into is that the "sftunnel" between firesight and firepower always goes down when the firepower in asa5515x is powered down for maintenance and I have to rebuild sftunnel manually to bring firepower online everytime.

I was hoping there is a way to use CLI to save off and backup firepower config, it looks like this feature is not available.

Thanks again. 

Jetsy Mathew
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Joe,

If you are managing the Firepower module with a Firesight Management Center , then you dont require the backup of the Firepower separately. The configurations on the Firepower is just applied via an access control policy reapply from the Firesight. Thus whenever you reimage or purchase new Firepower device, you have register the Firepower to the Firesight and just reapply the policy. With policy apply , all the desired configurations will get applied on the new Firepower.

Its must that you should take the Firesight backup to save the configurations. There is no need to take the backup of the Firepower separately.

Hope this answer helped you. Rate for the helpful posts.

Regards

Jetsy 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card