cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to show installed transceivers on ASA 5500-X thru CLI?

Hi there!

I can't find how to show thru CLI what kind of tranceivers has been installed on 6-port Interface Card. Does anybody know?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Track this Defect:- CSCuj60109

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuj60109/?reffering_site=dumpcr

This is an enhancement for this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am not 100% sure if there is any differences accross ASA models but the following command should usually list this information.

show inventory

On our ASA-5585-X model it for example shows the SFPs connected to its TenGigabitEthernet ports

Then again when we consider the difference with our unit and yours, yours has a separate module while ours has these ports built in/intergrated so wonder if that makes any difference.

Hope this helps

- Jouni

Unfortunately, this command doesn't show installed SFPs on module. I've tryed this one, and "show controller" but there was no info about SFPs. I've got ASA 5515-X with 6-port interface card. Release 9.0(3).

Any ideas? Maybe to open a case to TAC?

Hi,

If the command doesnt show any info on the actual SFPs then I would guess its related to the fact that we are talking about an external module.

I vaguely remember that someone has asked this before and the problem has been related to the module and that with it you cant show the information. However I am not 100% sure about this.

So you probably should contact Cisco directly about this through Cisco TAC or wait for an answer from someone that knows this for certain.

As I said, this works just fine for our ASA5585-X models with integrated SFP ports

Maybe you can even start a TAC case from this actual post? If you have the ability with this account.

- Jouni

Ok, thanks, I'll start a TAC case.

Hi Roman,

Had you got any answer from the TAC?

Thanks,

Sergio

Hi, Sergio!

The TAC answer was: "This option (show installed tranceivers on ASA-IC-6GE-SFP-A) doesn't support thru CLI".

We've got both 9.0(3) and 9.1(2) releases, and TAC statement is true about them. Maybe there is support this feature in the newest releases.

Hope it's help.

Hi,

Track this Defect:- CSCuj60109

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuj60109/?reffering_site=dumpcr

This is an enhancement for this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card